A business startup formed to commercialize technology developed by an
Recipients of the award "represent innovative
The award brings the company, EndoVantage, a grant of
EndoVantage is one of six ventures to receive an Arizona Innovation Challenge award so far this year from among 135 applicants.
The startup was also recently selected to receive support from ASU's Edson Student Entrepreneur Initiative -
In addition, the venture was accepted into
In 2013, EndoVantage received a
Frakes is the chief science office for EndoVantage. He is an associate professor in the
Babiker is the chief technology officer. He is a postdoctoral research associate in the
With the EndoVantage platform, clinicians "now for the first time can design the optimal endovascular treatment strategy for each patient before surgery," Frakes said. "This improves the quality of treatment and reduces costs."
The technology will also enable medical device companies to perform virtual testing of medical devices in hundreds of different virtual patient anatomies. That capability will help improve product design and prevent product defects and other risks to patients, Frakes said.
"Ultimately, the EndoVantage technology will lead to better medical devices, and better use of those devices in the clinic to save patients' lives," he said.
The spinout of EndoVantage from ASU was facilitated by
Longtime Arizona health care entrepreneur
"ASU is on the leading edge of universities supporting research commercialization efforts by faculty," Green said. "The support we have received from AzTE and the
TNS 30TagarumaMar-140718-4801978 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Female Business Owners Still Face Gender Gap
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies