The early strength on
Airline stocks have moved notably higher after turning in some of the market's worst performances on Thursday. The NYSE Arca Airline Index has surged up by 1.5%, partly offsetting the 2.7% loss posted in the previous session.
Networking, steel, and biotechnology stocks are also seeing notable strength in early trading, moving higher along with most of the other major sectors.
Nonetheless, geopolitical worries have helped limit the upside for the markets after contributing to the substantial weakness seen in the previous session.
Traders continue to keep an eye on developments in
The major averages are currently posting moderate gains, near their highs for the young session. The Dow is up 45.49 points or 0.3% at 17,022.30, the Nasdaq is up 28.86 points or 0.7% at 4,392.31 and the S&P 500 is up 7.35 points or 0.4% at 1,965.47.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Janet Yellen's Assets Grew by 8 Percent in 2013
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson
- California Moves Toward Ban on Plastic Bags
- Petit Retires 46 Batters in a Row, MLB Record
- Identity Thieves Prey on Job Seekers