The benchmark KSE 100-Index jumped by 1.35 percent or 400.94 points to 30,177.11 points on Thursday as against 29,776.17 points recorded on Wednesday.
The KSE All Share Index gained 1.1 percent or 240.32 points to 22,129.29 points, the KSE 30-Index augmented by 1.53 percent or 315.86 points to 20,970.26 points, whereas the KMI 30-Index ballooned by 1.54 percent or 743.12 points to 48,960.21 points.
During Thursday's intraday trade, the key index touched an all- time high of 30,202.97 points as against an intraday low of 29,776. 17 points.
Local bourse rallied amid continuous healthy foreign inflows which also helped the turnovers to rise by 83 percent while value also jumped by 84 percent.
Cement stocks continued to rally in expectations of better June results.
Market volumes swelled by 93.461 million shares to 206.262 million shares, capitalization skyrocketed by
Among 349 active scrips Thursday, prices of 221 issues advanced, 96 declined, whereas values of 32 other companies stayed unchanged.
Island Textile was the top price gainer with increment of
Most Popular Stories
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico