Japanese stocks posted their biggest decline in three weeks on Friday, leading regional losses as part of a global market rout following a deadly
Among top underperforming stocks, Japanese electronics giant Sharp Corp. lost 2.1%, semiconductor maker Renesas Electronics Corp. fell 1.7%, and IT service provider NEC Corp. gave up 1.6%.
The Hang Seng Index in
Sunac China Holdings jumped 3.5%, leading gains in the sector. China Vanke Co., one of
But tech stocks remained substantially weak, as online game developer Forgame Holdings sank 13.2%, and its domestic peer Baioo Family Interactive tumbled 3.2%.
In other markets;
The Shanghai CSI 300 index inched up 7.08 points, or 0.3%, to 2,161.14
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Merck Profit More Than Doubles in Q2
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z