"We have been preparing the ground for Project iMlango for some time, following the successful deployment of our digital transaction platform in
The programme is driven by an internet learning platform that is accessed through high-speed satellite broadband connectivity. Through this platform, the partners provide students with interactive learning tools.
According to sQuid, iMlango will deliver tuition and support to teachers with the use of ICT in their teaching, personalized maths tuition with a virtual online tutor, and an electronic attendance monitoring with conditional payment system to make parents send their daughters to school.
Project iMlango will also address the financial and cultural issues that result in school drop-outs.
"In order to protect girls from harmful practices like child and forced marriage, Education is really vital to improve the life of millions of marginalized girls," said Lynne Featherstone DFID's International Development Minister.
This private partnership is expected to help
sQuid also disclosed that they have joined forces with Avanti communication, a global satellite operator, Whizz Education and technology NGO, an online maths tutoring provider, and Camara Education to make the iMlango project successful.
Most Popular Stories
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day