The U.S. dollar traded in the lower
The euro was quoted at
The dollar and the euro recovered some of their earlier losses against the yen on demand from Japanese importers, dealers said.
Before the start of
The Ukrainian government suggested that the Donetsk People's Republic, a pro-Russian self-proclaimed separatist state in eastern
But "many traders are concerned that the incident will lead to further sanctions against
Geopolitical concerns also mounted as the Israeli military said Thursday it had begun a ground attack in the
U.S. 10-year Treasuries were bought for their safety over the deepening geopolitical worries, driving the yield down past the 2.5 percent mark and lessening the dollar's appeal.
"Some new development could come out over the weekend and cause major moves in currency market," Saito said. "The risk is for a higher yen."
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World