The U.S. dollar traded in the lower
The euro was quoted at
The dollar and the euro recovered some of their earlier losses against the yen on demand from Japanese importers, dealers said.
Before the start of
The Ukrainian government suggested that the Donetsk People's Republic, a pro-Russian self-proclaimed separatist state in eastern
But "many traders are concerned that the incident will lead to further sanctions against
Geopolitical concerns also mounted as the Israeli military said Thursday it had begun a ground attack in the
U.S. 10-year Treasuries were bought for their safety over the deepening geopolitical worries, driving the yield down past the 2.5 percent mark and lessening the dollar's appeal.
"Some new development could come out over the weekend and cause major moves in currency market," Saito said. "The risk is for a higher yen."
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'