The U.S. dollar traded in the lower
The euro was quoted at
The dollar and the euro recovered some of their earlier losses against the yen on demand from Japanese importers, dealers said.
Before the start of
The Ukrainian government suggested that the Donetsk People's Republic, a pro-Russian self-proclaimed separatist state in eastern
But "many traders are concerned that the incident will lead to further sanctions against
Geopolitical concerns also mounted as the Israeli military said Thursday it had begun a ground attack in the
U.S. 10-year Treasuries were bought for their safety over the deepening geopolitical worries, driving the yield down past the 2.5 percent mark and lessening the dollar's appeal.
"Some new development could come out over the weekend and cause major moves in currency market," Saito said. "The risk is for a higher yen."
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs