Dixons shares were quoted up 2.4% at
At their respective general meetings on Thursday,
The merger, which was cleared by the
The aim of the deal is to amalgamate the companies' electrical goods and phone stores into a joint offering, and to capture the growing trend toward connected devices, as smartphones become increasingly used to control everything from thermostats to lighting and streaming music across homes. The companies also aim to roll-out the biggest click-and-collect network for technology products across the
The companies say the deal will create "a new retailer for a new digital age".
"We believe that Dixons Carphone will be the first and the best retailer to offer this complete end-to-end service. In doing so, we will create value for all of our stakeholders. It's an exciting time, and together we can't wait to bring the Dixons Carphone vision to life," Harrison added.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?