In addition, trading in DCC Technology, the group's second largest division, was in line with budget and ahead of last year, principally reflecting continued sales growth in IT and communications products.
DCC's two smaller divisions, DCC Environmental and
Looking ahead, the company made an early prediction that operating profit and adjusted earnings per share will be around 10%-12% ahead of last year.
"This guidance continues to be set against the important assumption that there will be normal winter weather conditions," DCC said.
"Having regard to the unseasonably colder start to the prior year, it is anticipated that this growth in the year to
DCC will publish its interim results for the six months to
DCC shares were quoted down 1.3% at
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Prison Workers Wanted
- Small Firms Take Out the Trash in Jersey