Data from Statistics Canada showed that
The inflation rose 0.1% month-over-month in June, in with expectations. The inflation rose to 0.5% in April.
The BOC said earlier this week in its monetary policy report and through Governor
Separate data showed that
The loonie that had come off from early 2-day low of 1.0765 against the greenback advanced to a weekly high of 1.0707. If the loonie extends uptrend, 1.06 is seen its next possible resistance level.
The loonie firmed to 94.58 against the yen, after having fallen to more than a 4-week low of 93.90 at the beginning of Asian deals. Next key resistance for the loonie lies around the 95.00 region.
Members of the
Inflation expectations appear to be rising as the central bank draws nearer to its stated goal of 2% following years of deflation, it showed.
The loonie advanced to a 1-week high of 1.4483 against the euro, from an early 2-day low of 1.4561. If the loonie continues its advance, it may find resistance around the 1.44 zone.
The loonie rose back to 1.0052 against the aussie, reversing from more than 2-week low of 1.0102 hit shortly before the data. The loonie may find resistance at the 1.00 region.
The euro area current account surplus declined in May as the income and the surplus on visible trade decreased from April, the
The current account surplus fell to a seasonally adjusted
Looking ahead, Reuters/
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports