ENP Newswire -
Release date- 17072014 - For the month of June, transactions in foreign portfolio investments yielded overall net inflows of
Registered foreign portfolio investments during the month declined to
About 75.3 percent of the investments were in PSE-listed securities (mainly holding firms; banks; property companies; food, beverage and tobacco firms; and telecommunication companies); and 24.7 percent in Peso GS. Net inflows of
Registration of inward foreign investments with the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) is voluntary under the liberalized rules on foreign exchange transactions. The issuance of a BSP registration document entitles the investor or his representative to buy foreign exchange from authorized agent banks and/or their subsidiary/affiliate foreign exchange corporations for repatriation of capital and remittance of earnings that accrue on the registered investment. Without such registration, the foreign investor can still repatriate capital and remit earnings on his investment but the foreign exchange will have to be sourced outside the banking system.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route