Microturbo (Safran), the leader of this technology, is responsible for providing the global unrestricted e-APU system, including a starter generator and power electronics provided by Thales and Li-ion battery system, which is provided by
The tests were successfully conducted at the
"The development of innovative, environmentally responsible products is at the core of our strategic priorities," said
"We tested the systems in extreme conditions, including robustness with end of life battery and reached a critical milestone for technology readiness level 5," said Dr. Fassi Kafyeke, Director, Advanced Design and Strategic Technologies,
"The demonstration of a well-integrated, unrestricted e-APU system, with a starter generator, power electronics and Li-ion battery system, is a progression towards a 'More Electric Aircraft' that will have electrical power as a primary and more efficient means to operate systems and use Li-ion improved power density to allow for unrestricted starting," said
Bombardier is the world's only manufacturer of both planes and trains. Looking far ahead while delivering today, Bombardier is evolving mobility worldwide by answering the call for more efficient, sustainable and enjoyable transportation everywhere. Our vehicles, services and, most of all, our employees are what make us a global leader in transportation.
Bombardier is headquartered in
Notes to editors
Follow @Bombardier_Aero on Twitter to receive the latest news and updates from
Please visit Bombardier's Web site dedicated to its upcoming events at the Farnborough International Airshow at airshows.bombardier.com.
Bombardier and The Evolution of Mobility are trademarks of
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare