Market researcher Counterpart surveyed 35 countries and revealed that Smsung's Galaxy S5 has failed to bring down Apple's flagship smartphone.
While the Galaxy S5 appeared to be going strong in its debut month, sales have since slowed. The sluggish smartphone market led the company to predict last week a 24 percent decline in operating profit for the second quarter, which would be its third straight quarterly drop,
As Apple's iPhone 5S still sees strong sales, its iPhone 5C has seen a drop off.
Counterpart noted that 'phablets' dominated the 'top 10' list of smartphones, with a 40 percent share.
It also said that if Apple releases a phablet, it would become an instant hit in the market, the report said. (ANI)
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia