The objective of the proposed Electricity Supply Accountability and Reliability Improvement project (ESARIP) is to improve the reliability of the electricity supply in the capital city
The ESARIP project will leverage the
Specifically, the ESARIP project will aim to: improve power supply reliability in the service area of Severelectro by strengthening the distribution infrastructure of Severelectro (including investments in new substations to eliminate overloads and in advanced meters); enhance quality of services to customers by providing Severelectro with better information management tools for a faster and more effective response to service interruptions and customer complaints; improve financial viability of Severelectro through reduction of technical and non-technical losses in its service area; and strengthen governance and internal controls in Severelectro through provision of access to real time and reliable corporate and commercial information, as well as institutional strengthening.
Given the old age and poor condition of the power sector infrastructure and the current rate of electricity demand growth, the
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go
- Detroit Raced Toward this Week's Bankruptcy Trial
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause