The mayor ?s office introduced a bond package, capped at
In order to ensure passage through the
The administration has made the change at this morning s council meeting but wanted to give the council as much notice as possible.
Without borrowing there would be no way to pay for the city ?s mounting backlog of road, bridge and other projects.
Two dozen of the city ?s 86 bridges are deficient. 56% of its roads are rated the worst rating, and 75% are in very poor condition. The city spent an average of
The money would be used for those types of long-term investments in equipment and infrastructure.
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row