SureSelect Human All Exon V5 was used as the core for the new design. Performance has been enhanced in disease-associated regions, providing 10 percent deeper coverage within these targets from only 4Gb of sequencing, while maintaining excellent coverage in other exome regions.
"Our goal was to create a comprehensive exome design that provides higher coverage in regions that are associated with human disease," said
The disease-relevant regions in the clinical research exome consist of gene targets commonly associated with, or known to cause, disease, including targets identified in OMIM, HGMD and NCBI's ClinVar databases. Additional ancestry- and identity-informative content has also been included to facilitate sample tracking. Custom content can be added to the Clinical Research Exome using SureDesign, a free online design tool for SureSelect. The Clinical Research Exome targets approximately 54Mb of content and is optimized for coverage uniformity, enabling proportional performance improvement as sequencing allocation per library is increased. The SureSelect Clinical Research Exome can be paired with existing SureSelect kits to provide significantly reduced hybridization times-as little as 90 minutes-and provide sequencing-ready libraries in just one day.
"We are pleased to share this exceptional sequencing tool with the research community," said
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row