Social Development Minister,
Next to the historic Mall in the City the development site consists of part of the existing multi- storey car park, adjacent land towards McCrum s Court and the building previously occupied by the
Minister McCausland said: I can announce that
The site offers a unique opportunity to regenerate this part of Armagh city and to connect the commercial centre of the city with one of its major assets, the Mall. The development will be a major boost for Armagh and create new retail space right in the heart of the City Centre.
Minister McCausland continued: My department, in partnership with the
Minister Kennedy said: This is an exciting project which will facilitate much needed private sector investment and economic activity in Armagh, as well as the creation of jobs in the construction and retail sectors. It is an excellent example of how collaborative working, between two government departments, can produce real benefits for the community.
The process to assemble the site will commence shortly ensuring that the project progresses quickly to the next stage.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment