A senior official from the Treasury has been appointed as an executive director
The decision follows recent reforms to the fund's management to reflect the influence of emerging economies. "
The fund's executive board consists of full-time directors based in
The IMF loans money to countries with payment imbalances as well as monitoring the global economy and promoting economic co-operation, trade, employment and exchange-rate stability.
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think