Study Findings from
The news correspondents obtained a quote from the research, "The results show that W-10Cu composites are composed of W and Cu elementary substance and orientation relationship between W and Cu grains is defined as [(11) over bar 4](cu)//[0(1) over bar 1](w) and (131)(cu)//(200)(w). The existence of the orientation relationship depends largely on the two factors. First, the grain sizes of both W and Cu were in the nanoscale range. Secondly, the interplanar spacing between both phases can match well owing to the residual stress of the W/Cu interface."
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "Consequently, the obtained composites exhibited high density and excellent thermal conductivity."
For more information on this research see: Microstructural studies of W-10 wt.% Cu composites prepared by using ultrafine composite powder.
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery