A young couple passed through the Prehistoric North Carolina exhibit while other visitors were in the area. They returned three minutes later, and the male jumped the exhibit barrier, picked up the dinosaur casting, climbed out and put it in a large multi-colored purse carried by the female accomplice.
Watch security video from the
Watch security video from
The male, believed to be in his 20s, has light brown hair and is about 5 feet 7 inches tall. He was wearing a dark gray t-shirt, white shorts with gray or green horizontal-stripes and black and white sneakers. The female, believed to be in her 20s, has brown hair, is about 5 feet 6 inches tall, and was wearing a pink shirt, blue shorts and ankle-high boots.
The stolen polymer resin model of an Edmontosaurus (duck-billed) hatchling is about 12-14 inches long and worth about
The two are also suspects in a similar offense the same day at the
Anyone with information on the two suspects is asked to call the
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- U.S. Drones Hit al-Shabab in Somalia
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- California Hispanic Chamber Picks New Chair
- Health Care Hiring Up, Wages Down