The government decided to obtain the loan of US
The project involves a modelling of flood and drought risks in 9 major river basins around the country, and focuses on long term capital-development planning. The purpose of this is to assess the underlying causes of floods and droughts.
The analytical work will serve as a basis for future climate resilience investments and will help the government to understand the risk and adopt risk mitigation measures.
About 716 km of distribution canals, 399 km of flood bunds, 109 km of link-roads, and 778 distribution structures along the canals will be improved, while more than 100 of culverts and bridges will be rehabilitated.
Slope-stability reinforcing will be carried out in 18 landslide prone school premises, protecting 30,000 students from possible landslide hazards.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Deere Announces New Round of Layoffs