Digital wallets accessible through the MasterPass acceptance network facilitate consumers to store all their
Consumers are then capable to make safe online payments with no hassle of entering these details every time they make a purchase.
The free app is obtainable for download from the Apple, Android or BlackBerry app stores.
Takealot.com, Flysaa.com (
The most recent MasterCardOnline Shopping Behaviour Study disclosed that 90% of South African consumers cited the availability of secure payment facilities as critical when shopping online. Concern around the safety of online transactions was the reason 42% gave for not shopping online.
Hearne said, Checkout happens with just a few clicks or taps whether at home, in a taxi, at work or at a supermarket, so merchants can look forward to fewer customers abandoning their shopping carts, which according to research affects over 67% of online purchases .
He added, Soon, any South African bank and their merchant partners can offer MasterPass, which can be branded and personalised, as long as they are equipped with the appropriate payment infrastructure .
South African MasterPass users can shop globally at the more than 40,000online merchants around the world that accept MasterPass, as long as their loaded payment cards fulfill with international standards. This applies to most South African cheque and credit cards.
MasterPass launched in 2013 is available in 9 countries counting the
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million