"On average, today's graduates carry nearly
Total U.S. student loan debt now tops
"The growth in student debt has been really dramatic... When you look at the numbers on student debt, it has to be a significant concern," Federal Reserve Chair
Last year, Rubio and Warner partnered on another bipartisan proposal to address growing concern about the rising cost of higher education. With Sen.
"This issue is personal for both of us," Rubio and Warner said. "Neither of us could have attended college were it not for federal student loans. We both remember months when our paychecks were low and we weren't sure if we could make our payments. Each of us has heard from constituents affected by crippling student debt. Our Dynamic Student Loan Repayment Act will provide an additional tool to help borrowers meet their obligations, and this must be part of a broader conversation about how to make higher education more affordable."
A summary of the Dynamic Student Loan Repayment Act is available here and the legislation is available here http://www.scribd.com/doc/234127671/Dynamic-Repayment-Act.
Read this original document at: http://www.rubio.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=21677deb-ff24-40a4-8033-b39d9a1ff26a
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy