McDonald's franchise Steven Ramirez will lead the board of directors for the Ronald McDonald House Charities starting next year, the nonprofit organization announced.
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) is a nonprofit group that supports programs to improve the health and well-being of children. Mr. Ramirez will take over as the new global chair of the board on January 1, 2015.
"I've always been committed to the health and well-being of children," Mr. Ramirez said in a press release. "I look forward to continuing to work with the global board and RMHC system leadership to find more ways to strengthen our global network to deliver on our mission and our commitment to children."
Mr. Ramirez currently owns seven McDonald's franchises near Sacramento, Calif., and first joined the fast-food chain in 1988. The following year he joined the board of RMHC of Northern California.
Since then, Mr. Ramirez's role with RMHC has included heading the fundraising efforts for Camp Ronald McDonald in Eagle Lake, Calif., and expanding help efforts in Mexico, Malta, Ecuador, Australia and Hong Kong.
As global chair, he will be responsible for finding new ways to extend charity outreach alongside RMHC leadership.
"The board's decision to elect Steven as the new chair will help our organization build upon a strong foundation and ensure our ability to expand our reach in support of the critical needs of children around the world," said J.C. Gonzalez-Mendez, president and CEO, RMHC, in a statement. "We'd also like to thank our current Board Chair Linda Dunham for her incredible dedication to the Charity over the years as one of its greatest champions and leaders."
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia