Emerging Capital Partners is the majority shareholder in
The private equity firm first invested
Insurance companies in
Meanwhile, the Nigerian stock market continued its positive performance yesterday as major market indicators closed firmer.
At the close of business yesterday, the benchmark index appreciated by 0.14 per cent in to close at 43,030.27 (this brings the year-to-date appreciation to 4.12 per cent) relative to the previous day trading session closing figure of 42,971.59.
Also, the turnover by volume of transaction increased by 25.98 per cent relative to the previous day trading session closing figure. In the same vein, the value of transaction increased by 1.91 per cent.
Major transaction volume was driven by activities in the, banking, oil & gas, insurance and conglomerates sector led by
At the end of yesterday's trading, 22 stocks appreciated in value (previous day 33), 26 stocks depreciated in value (previous day 27) while 71 stocks remain unchanged making a total of 119 stocks that were actively transacted in yesterday's trading. .
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast