Emerging Capital Partners is the majority shareholder in
The private equity firm first invested
Insurance companies in
Meanwhile, the Nigerian stock market continued its positive performance yesterday as major market indicators closed firmer.
At the close of business yesterday, the benchmark index appreciated by 0.14 per cent in to close at 43,030.27 (this brings the year-to-date appreciation to 4.12 per cent) relative to the previous day trading session closing figure of 42,971.59.
Also, the turnover by volume of transaction increased by 25.98 per cent relative to the previous day trading session closing figure. In the same vein, the value of transaction increased by 1.91 per cent.
Major transaction volume was driven by activities in the, banking, oil & gas, insurance and conglomerates sector led by
At the end of yesterday's trading, 22 stocks appreciated in value (previous day 33), 26 stocks depreciated in value (previous day 27) while 71 stocks remain unchanged making a total of 119 stocks that were actively transacted in yesterday's trading. .
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'