The exhibition includes 150 original watercolours and drawings on loan from the
The opening was delayed 3 months until
Highlights include one of Shevchenko's first poetry collections, a rare 1840 edition of "Kobzar."
Born a serf, Shevchenko spent 10 years in czarist labour camps for his patriotic poetry and association with a society of Ukrainian intellectuals.
He was acquainted with such luminaries as
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan