A device that assists individuals in collecting a sample of plasma from a larger blood specimen for laboratory tests has been awarded a 2014 R&D 100 Award from the editors of
"Traditional plasma sampling methods produce liquid samples that require expensive processing, preservation and transport," he said. "Noviplex combines sample collection and plasma fractionation, sample preservation, transportation and sample preparation into a single, simple step. It also requires a much smaller volume of blood than the traditional venipuncture method and is minimally invasive."
Noviplex uses capillary action in combination with a three-membrane stack to separate and filter blood cells from plasma as the plasma migrates sequentially through the stack. The bottom membrane consists of an absorbent material with fixed dimensions that define the volume of plasma that is contained at saturation.
Woenker said being recognized by
"The award means the company's vision and ability to create relevant technology and products are on target," he said. "It also means our Noviplex Plasma Collection Card has been considered to be useful, and that our creativity, hard work and persistence to get to this point as a business are recognized."
Novilytic offers analytical tools, methods and services for application by investigators working in various segments of the health, biological and environmental sciences. We specialize in the application of quantitative LC/MS/MS tandem mass spectrometry to provide the researcher with reliable results permitting identification and comparative study of peptides, metabolites, drugs and other biomarkers.
TNS 30TagarumaMar-140717-4799961 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?