Stocks closed higher ahead of major earnings announcements this week led by selected oil and banking stocks on strong earnings outlook.
At local equity market benchmark KSE-100 share index posted a fresh gain of 92.20 points or 0.31 percent to end the day at 29776.17 points compared to 29683.97 points of a day earlier. KSE-Allshare index up by 66.55 points or 0.30 percent to close the day at 21888.97 points, KSE-30 index gained 99.32 points or 0.48 percent to end the trading at 20654.40 points while KMI-30 index added 117.88 points or 0.25 percent to finish the session at 48217.09 points.
Ahsan Mehanti analyst at
The day turnover of market was 112.800 million shares after opening at 107.827 million shares and the value of traded shares was climbed to
A dealer said due to continuous inflow of foreign funds sentiments turned positive at local bourse. Index heavy weight MCB rallied supported index gain and cement stocks remained in limelight as investors took fresh positions in anticipation of healthy June results.
Active list was topped by
It was followed by
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say