The government is seeking Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) financing for Vision 2030 projects from
The government has presented 45 projects among them key Vision 2030 projects to US investors that include the construction of the
This comes after a successful Sh175 billion Eurobond that earmarks funds for Vision 2030 flagship projects in transport, energy and agriculture.
In a trade and investment forum 'Doing Business in
He urged American investors to take advantage of the newly created PPPs framework, as they did with the Kenyan Eurobond issuance.
"We are happy to note that the recently concluded oversubscribed Eurobond issue by
He said the government's entrenchment of private sector development as a central and prominent feature of national development planning is a clear display to transform the country.
"Various flagship projects at national and county government level projects will be easily achieved through PPP arrangements in modernising infrastructure in affordable and sustainable ways, with positive impact on the quality of life for all Kenyans," he said.
"At the Vision 2030, we are confident that projects such as the stringent implementation of our new constitution, construction of the LAPPSET,
PPPs have been identified to contribute to easing budgetary constraints on social expenditure, directly enabling the Government to broaden and deepen balanced development.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records