The Net Written Premiums during the first half of 2014 rose by 23 per cent to reach Dh31.11 million, compared to Dh25.29 million during the same period in the previous year.
He said that the challenge ahead was to translate this top line growth into sustained improvement in net underwriting profit. "We are ready for this challenge," he said.
Underwriting profit from core insurance business was complemented by robust returns generated from a well-diversified and professionally managed proprietary investment portfolio. Income from investing activities during the first half of 2014 more than doubled to Dh13.75 million, compared to Dh5.18 million logged during the same period of the previous year.
Total assets grew to Dh259.83 million, as of
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks