The Net Written Premiums during the first half of 2014 rose by 23 per cent to reach Dh31.11 million, compared to Dh25.29 million during the same period in the previous year.
He said that the challenge ahead was to translate this top line growth into sustained improvement in net underwriting profit. "We are ready for this challenge," he said.
Underwriting profit from core insurance business was complemented by robust returns generated from a well-diversified and professionally managed proprietary investment portfolio. Income from investing activities during the first half of 2014 more than doubled to Dh13.75 million, compared to Dh5.18 million logged during the same period of the previous year.
Total assets grew to Dh259.83 million, as of
Most Popular Stories
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go
- Detroit Raced Toward this Week's Bankruptcy Trial