Warren's criticisms come after McConnell said during a town hall meeting that it wasn't the government's job to forgive the "obligations that have been voluntarily incurred" by students.
"Not everybody needs to go to
Instead, McConnell promoted for-profit colleges -- institutions that have been criticized by the Obama administration and often leave students with large amounts of debt.
Warren condemned McConnell's remarks during a speaking engagement at Make Progress Wednesday.
This is not the first time Warren has spoken out against McConnell on the issue. After her student loan bill was blocked in the
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Senate, House Locking Horns on Border Funds
- Jeter, Bauer Give Fox a Strong Week in TV Ratings
- LinkedIn to Buy Ad Tech Company Bizo for $175 Million
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland