Warren's criticisms come after McConnell said during a town hall meeting that it wasn't the government's job to forgive the "obligations that have been voluntarily incurred" by students.
"Not everybody needs to go to
Instead, McConnell promoted for-profit colleges -- institutions that have been criticized by the Obama administration and often leave students with large amounts of debt.
Warren condemned McConnell's remarks during a speaking engagement at Make Progress Wednesday.
This is not the first time Warren has spoken out against McConnell on the issue. After her student loan bill was blocked in the
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips