Warren's criticisms come after McConnell said during a town hall meeting that it wasn't the government's job to forgive the "obligations that have been voluntarily incurred" by students.
"Not everybody needs to go to
Instead, McConnell promoted for-profit colleges -- institutions that have been criticized by the Obama administration and often leave students with large amounts of debt.
Warren condemned McConnell's remarks during a speaking engagement at Make Progress Wednesday.
This is not the first time Warren has spoken out against McConnell on the issue. After her student loan bill was blocked in the
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia