Seven accused policemen have been charged of murder and under section of the Protection of Children against Sexual Offences Act (POCSA). This is the first case against policemen to be investigated under POCSA. The high court had recently transferred the investigations from state criminal investigation department to CBI, observing that CID investigations shows complete insensitivity by them.
The CBI submitted the report in a sealed envelope which was perused by the court and returned back to the agency. A division bench of Justices VM Kanade and PD Kode, informed advocate Yug Choudhry, that CBI had seized the hard disk of the computers storing the CCTV footage at
Valdaris and three others were allegedly tortured and sexually abused at the Wadala railway police station on
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- California Moves Toward Ban on Plastic Bags
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Identity Thieves Prey on Job Seekers