The company, which operates under five brand names serving different segments of the soft furnishings market, posted pretax profit of
The company attributed the increase in pretax profit to a strong performance from its decorating division, which made an operating profit of
Additionally, in the group's fabric division, sales increased 6% on a constant currency basis, reflecting the ongoing recovery in the US market and improvement in
Looking ahead, the company said although it remains optimistic about growth prospects, the high proportion of its sales in the US market and invoiced in US dollar means that the strength of sterling will have an adverse impact on profitability. In addition, the Decorating Division is expected to return to a more normal level of activity following an exceptional performance during the year.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy