This was a slight increase over the consolidated balance sheet of
Retail banks represented 40.2pc of the consolidated balance sheet at March-end, with an aggregate balance sheet of BD29.1bn (
This was an increase of 2.8pc over a balance sheet of
The aggregate balance sheet of wholesale banks stood at
Total domestic assets of the banking system grew to
Foreign assets only marginally declined to
Total domestic liabilities of the banking system totalled
Domestic assets of retail banks stood at BD15.8bn, while foreign assets amounted to BD13.3bn in March.
Domestic liabilities stood at BD15.4bn, while foreign liabilities amounted to BD13.7bn.
Total deposits at retail banks stood at BD15.3bn in March, an increase of 2.7pc over the December figure of BD14.9bn.
Total outstanding loans and advances extended to residents by retail banks increased by 1.4pc to BD7.3bn in March, from BD7.2bn in the previous quarter.
Of the total loans at March-end, 60pc were in the form of business lending, while the personal and government sectors accounted for 37.6pc and 2.4pc respectively.
The distribution of the loans to business indicate that 21.2pc was extended to the construction and real estate sector, 15.7pc to the trade sector and 11.5pc to 'other' sectors, which include the hospitality industry and the transportation sector.
The manufacturing industry received 8.8pc of the loans.
The aggregate balance sheet of
Domestic assets stood at
Money supply in
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free