Development of the much-anticipated
Deputy Premier and Minister for Regional and Rural Development
Motorsports are incredibly popular in and around Mildura with participation rates four times the national average, which contributes more than
The development of a motorsports precinct, including the co-location of up to nine local motorsports clubs to the one site could grow this economic benefit to well over
The Coalition Government recognise this potential for growth and we are keen to work with the community to grow the motorsports industry locally.
This investment is an important next step towards securing a first- rate motorsports precinct here in Mildura,
The business case will look at the design, cost and placement of a bitumen raceway for cars and motorbikes, a skid pan, required utilities and infrastructure and the co-location of up to nine motorsports clubs at the facility.
It will also investigate opportunities to partner with local police to deliver rehabilitation programs for repeat traffic offenders, youth programs and the potential to host motorsports courses through SUNITAFE.
Developing a motorsports precinct has the potential to provide long-term benefits to the region and I will to continue to advocate strongly for the community to ensure it is progressed.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life