YES Liam Ward-Proud For almost a year now, we've heard a string of warnings over an impending setback for global stocks. And with yesterday's shocking developments in
NO Peter Spence Yesterday's developments will no doubt shake markets, but fears of an imminent correction are overplayed. First, arguments about stretched valuations ignore the fact that traditional metrics aren't working for biotech and social media stocks. They are often young companies piling their cash into R&D, so we shouldn't expect to see strong earnings until these markets mature. Second, while the
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia