Telecommunications operator Airtel has signed an exclusive contract with US tech giant Apple for sale of the iPhone 5s in
The partnership means that customers will buy iPhone handset pre-loaded with Airtel multimedia settings.
The iPhone customers will also get 10 gigabyte (GB) Internet bundle for three months after purchase date, as well as a one-year warranty supported by the official Apple representatives in
"This means that if your iPhone falls or develops technical hitches, the problem can be rectified at Airtel shops countrywide rather than overseas at the manufacturing plant which takes longer," said the Airtel Kenya marketing director
The price of the iPhone 5s in the country will, however, remain standard as the cost across the world.
"We are not subsidising the cost of the iPhone. Our prepaid customers will pay the price upfront while those on postpaid will pay depending on package subscribed to," he said.
Some of the multi-media services customers will enjoy on the Airtel network include access to high speed Internet, live streaming at high speed as well as cleared calls.
EMS head of marketing Abdel Monaim said that they were excited about the collaboration with Airtel.
This article first appeared in the
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted
- Buyer's Remorse on Common Core for Policymakers?
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- California Passes First US Statewide Bag Ban
- American Airlines Back on Obitz
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps