The Breath Ketone detection device is based upon Akers' proprietary MPC Biosensor Technology which permits the rapid identification of medical conditions through biomarkers in exhaled breath.
Since breath and blood ketone levels are closely correlated, Akers' Breath Ketone "Check" product is designed to offer healthcare professionals and their patients a convenient method to quickly determine if an individual's ketone level is approaching a dangerous threshold requiring medical attention.
The device has further applications in the medical and non-medical weight management areas, said Akers, for example where the measurement of ketone production is used to monitor the burning of body fat. The company is currently marketing a version of the product to weight loss centres.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids