The Breath Ketone detection device is based upon Akers' proprietary MPC Biosensor Technology which permits the rapid identification of medical conditions through biomarkers in exhaled breath.
Since breath and blood ketone levels are closely correlated, Akers' Breath Ketone "Check" product is designed to offer healthcare professionals and their patients a convenient method to quickly determine if an individual's ketone level is approaching a dangerous threshold requiring medical attention.
The device has further applications in the medical and non-medical weight management areas, said Akers, for example where the measurement of ketone production is used to monitor the burning of body fat. The company is currently marketing a version of the product to weight loss centres.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities
- Dollar Tree Falls in Q2
- Family Dollar Will Stick With Dollar Tree