Rail track theft in
The Star in
The stolen track could cost the rand equivalent of
Five men have been arrested and are to appear in court today. The Star says the theft threatens hundreds of jobs and could force a repair depot - which repairs Metrorail carriages, but is now completely cut off from the rail network - to close its doors.
Across the city, at financial paper BusinessDay, the main story reports that South African Labour Minister
Wednesday night's meeting took place as the
The parties are today to return to the
The current offer from the employers is a three-year agreement including a 10% increase in the first year, 9% in 2015 and 8% in 2016. The union's demands include a double-digit increase in each of the next three years, a housing allowance and the scrapping of labour brokers,
The main story in The Sowetan says the Israeli ambassador to
During the meeting, the South African government called on the
The main story in this morning's Kenyan Standard is headlined "CORD alleges plot to arrest leaders".
The small print explains that
Yesterday, the Kenyan Solicitor General said he could not comment on the letter since he had not seen it. CORD claim the letter was addressed to the Soilcitor General.
The Ugandan Daily Monitor gives pride of place to yesterday's opening of the Bundibugyo Court Martial.
The court accused 125 people on ten grounds, including murder, attempted murder and the illegal possession of firearms.
The accused allegedly took part in the attacks on military installations and a bank in Bundibugyo and Ntoroko districts on
The main story in the Nigerian Guardian reports that President
On Tuesday, gunmen suspected of being members of Boko Haram attacked
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf