Now that health IT adoption has reached a critical mass, the Center will shift its primary focus toward how to use technology to achieve efficiency and efficacy through workflow, clinical processes and data.
"The initial establishment of the Center signaled the importance of the need to move from paper-based to computerized information systems in the family physicians office," said
As part of this refocusing, the
"This new name will reflect our mission to move beyond the EMR and towards the automation of care delivery," said
Based at the AAFP's headquarters in
- Discovery -- Identifying best practices among members who have found high job satisfaction and high care quality.
- Deployment -- Sharing those best practices throughout AAFP membership and the primary care community.
- Development -- Working with industry partners to fill gaps in current information technology products and developing new innovative offerings.
- Data -- Provide analytics to demonstrate and improve the quality and cost-effectiveness of Family Medicine.
TNS 18DejucosGrace-140717-30FurigayJane-4799741 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'