45th Space Wing launches
CAPE CANAVERAL AIR FORCE STATION, Fla. (AFNS) -- The 45th Space Wing supported
The rocket flew in the Falcon 9 v1.1 configuration with upgraded Merlin 1D engines, stretched fuel tanks, and a payload fairing.
A combined team of military members, government civilians and contractors from the 45th SW provided vital launch support to the mission, including weather forecasts, launch and range operations, security, safety, and public affairs.
"The 45th Space Wing is proud of what we do here on the space coast, and we couldn't do what we do without the support of our entire team," said Brig. Gen.
Each OG2 satellite is the equivalent of six OG1 satellites, providing quicker service, enhancing coverage at higher latitudes, and allowing for larger message sizes and increased data rates, officals reported.
(Courtesy of 45th Space Wing Public Affairs)
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?