The order adds to the two Trent 1000-powered Boeing 787 Dreamliners that
The latest contract win was announced amid a spate of reports during the Farnborough International Airshow this week.
Also announced Tuesday, the British and French Governments have pledged support of a new Programme Arrangement which allows them to continue design work on engines for the Future Combat Air System, an unmanned combat air vehicle, a move welcomed by the
The governments will provide
With the current two-year Demonstration Programme Preparation Phase to be completed in the coming months, the new agreement signed by the two governments will guide discussions on an upcoming contract for the Feasibility Phase, said
The feasibility phase will enable both companies to expand their design studies based on new propulsion system concepts and technologies for operational aircraft; the companies have previously combined their respective technological expertise and agreed workshare arrangements to meet technical requirements of the propulsion and integrated power system.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Merck Profit More Than Doubles in Q2