The index traded within a range of 33.6 points, adding 0.13 percent for the entire day. On an YTD basis,
Most of the sector indices showed modest gains, accumulating an aggregate of 370 points.
One of the best performing sectors was Retail which rose 1.24 percent, closing the day at 16,603.61.
Even the top gainer chart was filled by retail stocks, with new player
Alkhaleej shares also raced to an all-time high of SR68.75 before closing at SR66.16. The company volume went 4.5 times high over its 50-day average, liquidating over one million shares.
On the other hand, seven sectors could not manage for gains, shedding 166 points jointly. Multi-Investment sector remained the worst performer, declining 0.74 percent to 4,883.77.
Most of heavyweights closed in the downward territory, with
Tadawul volume with trades over 182 million shares remained 26.8 percent greater than previous level but still it was 33.8 percent lower than 50-day average. Liquidity rose a little to SR6.1 billion, an increase of 12.2 percent from the previous level but still it was 31.3 percent lower than 50-day average.
Most of the trading was concentrated in
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply