The bank operation was formally kicked off recently by the Vice Chancellor, Prof. Hilary Odo Edeoga in its temporary base in Anyim Pius Anyim auditorium in the campus, while also formally laid the foundation stone of the permanent site within the varsity with a completion period of one year.
Speaking at the ceremony, Edeoga said that the establishment of the bank, which is also an internal revenue generating source for the university, was informed by the need being banking closer to the students and university community and save the university from paying high banking costs by banking with others.
He urged the bank to make their facilities available to the university community whom he pointed out are mainly public servants on salaries adding that it should be courteous to the students even when they come to transact after lectures when pressed. He also beckoned on the university workers and community to patronize the bank.
"I urge you to put necessary interventions that would make you excel, be courteous to students even when due to one reason or the other may come a bit late", he stated.
Managing Director of the bank, Bashir Ogungbangbe said that the bank whose slogan is " developing grassroots economy" provides online real time service hence a lot of resources were committed into it and described the bank as viable project that is tailored in line with second generation bank.
High point of the commissioning was opening of Accounts with the by the advice Chancellor and members of the university community.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges