The new H-850KMLD hexapod provides 1µm minimum incremental motion over a 100mm travel range in XY and 0.5µm in the Z direction. The linear repeatability is ±1µm. All PI hexapods are delivered with a special hexapod controller, an extensive software package and are very easy to use and integrate.
• 6-axis precision positioning systems
• Astronomical telescopes
• Satellite antenna alignment
• Optics alignment
• Medical tumor treatment
• High energy physics
• Semiconductor manufacturing
• Photonics components manufacturing
More information on the new high load hexapod 6-axis palrallel positioner:http://www.physikinstrumente.com/en/news/fullnews.php?newsid=181&onl_prw
The hexapod's dedicated C-887 multiaxis-vector controller is commanded directly in Cartesian coordinates. The user can specify any pivot point in space with a single software command, a feature that is critical in automated optical and mechanical alignment applications.
LabVIEW and text-based programming languages under Microsoft Windows or Linux are supported by libraries and program examples.
Loads Above 2000 lbs
For even higher loads above 2000 lbs, off-the-shelf, H-845 and custom hexapods are also available. PI recently installed a new 4500 square ft production and test facility for heavy duty 6-Axis motion systems capable of moving loads of up to 5 metric tons with sub-micrometer precision. A giant swivel and lift platform along with interferometers are used to test the hexapod with its load in place under the exact mounting conditions as found in the customer's application.
PI is the leading manufacturer of micro-precision and nano-precision hexapods and parallel positioning systems in the world. For example, 50 of PI's hexapods align reflectors in the ALMA (Atacama Large Millimeter Array) observatory, the world's most advanced radio telescope located in
Globally, PI employs more than 750 people. In the US, PI has been present with a direct office for 3 decades.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/07/prweb12020972.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Female Business Owners Still Face Gender Gap
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana