New Biomedicine and Biomedical Engineering Findings from
The news correspondents obtained a quote from the research, "Some defibrillators also utilize impedance measurements for ventilation monitoring. This paper investigates how such measurements can be optimized for high respiration sensitivity and finds that it is beneficial to add two extra electrodes in addition to the two defibrillator electrodes."
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "This four electrode setup increases sensitivity and also allows respiration measurements at lower frequencies than the two electrode setup."
For more information on this research see: Bioimpedance-Based Respiration Monitoring With a Defibrillator. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 2014;61(6):1858-1862. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering can be contacted at:
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include: Biotechnology,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones