The decision to raise rates on these policies by approximately up to 75 basis points -- different rate structures exist across different policies -- reflects the actual experience of our investment return.
"At MetLife Hong Kong, we keep a close eye on market trends and try to stay one step ahead. We're also a customer-centric company. The decision to raise rates on these policies will improve returns and reflects our ongoing effort to provide the most competitive and attractive products," saidLennard Yong, Chief Executive Officer at MetLife Hong Kong.
The new rate of 4.5% is one of the highest(1) for participating US dollar dividend and coupon accumulation policies among the major insurance market players inHong
For all participating policies issued by MetLife Hong Kong, dividends and/or cash coupons paid to policyholders can be left with MetLife Hong Kong to accumulate with interest at a rate based on market conditions and investment performance. The interest rates offered are usually more competitive than a time deposit savings rate available from banks.
SOURCE MetLife Hong Kong
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- Ukraine Offers Temporary Autonomy to Rebel-held Areas
- Thousands Risk Losing Health Care Aid
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag
- Cat Stevens Touring U.S., First Since 1970s