The decision to raise rates on these policies by approximately up to 75 basis points -- different rate structures exist across different policies -- reflects the actual experience of our investment return.
"At MetLife Hong Kong, we keep a close eye on market trends and try to stay one step ahead. We're also a customer-centric company. The decision to raise rates on these policies will improve returns and reflects our ongoing effort to provide the most competitive and attractive products," saidLennard Yong, Chief Executive Officer at MetLife Hong Kong.
The new rate of 4.5% is one of the highest(1) for participating US dollar dividend and coupon accumulation policies among the major insurance market players inHong
For all participating policies issued by MetLife Hong Kong, dividends and/or cash coupons paid to policyholders can be left with MetLife Hong Kong to accumulate with interest at a rate based on market conditions and investment performance. The interest rates offered are usually more competitive than a time deposit savings rate available from banks.
SOURCE MetLife Hong Kong
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE