JAPANESE messaging app operator Line applied for an initial public offering (IPO) valued at over ¥1 trillion (£5.74bn) around two weeks ago at the
Line, owned by
An IPO would come amid a landgrab in the messaging app space, with WhatsApp recently snapped up by Facebook for
The Line messaging app has expanded rapidly overseas in
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season