The early strength on
Positive sentiment was initially generated by a report from the
Annual growth in Chinese industrial production in June and fixed asset investment for the January to June period also came in above estimates.
Traders have also reacted positively to better than expected second quarter results from
Additionally, shares of
Computer hardware, steel, and gold stocks are seeing considerable strength in early trading, while most of the other major sectors have shown more modest moves.
The major averages have pulled back off their highs for the young session but are currently holding on to moderate gains. The Dow is up 50.24 points or 0.3% at 17,110.92, the Nasdaq is up 21.65 points or 0.5% at 4,438.04 and the S&P 500 is up 6.44 points or 0.3% at 1,979.72.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Homebuilder Confidence at Highest Since January
- Parents Opt to Keep Baby Photos off Facebook
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Rising U.S. Consumer Prices Slowed Down in July
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- 'Turtles' Easily Tops 'Expendables 3' at Weekend Box Office
- Home Depot Builds Nice Net Income in Q2
- Mike Brown Death Timeline
- St. Francis Names Rodriguez as New Dean