Gibson-Smith told the group's annual meeting he would depart by the end of 2015. A search is now on for his successor.
The announcement came as the group unveiled strong results bolstered by the string of firms listing on the exchange.
The exchange provider, led by chief executive
A total of 33 new issues listed on the main market for the quarter ending June versus just 12 in the same quarter last year.
Overall revenues for the business overall rose by 20 per cent to £299.9m from £249.7m.
Capital market revenues, which included the boost from flotations, rose 16 per cent to £87m from £75m.
The group said yesterday it would post a circular to shareholders on a jumbo £942m rights issue to fund the deal in late August. The annual meeting yesterday approved all measures at the group.
Most Popular Stories
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Fiat, Renault Strike Deal on New Light Vehicle
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- Senate, House Locking Horns on Border Funds
- Jeter, Bauer Give Fox a Strong Week in TV Ratings
- LinkedIn to Buy Ad Tech Company Bizo for $175 Million
- A's Agree to 10-Year Lease to Stay in Oakland