Aris' film "Siham" is set at a family gathering organized to celebrate the impending birth of a young couple's first child, and depicts the couple's inner turmoil after their doctor informs them that their unborn child has Down syndrome.
This prize from the Palm Springs Festival follows on the heels of a jury special mention the short received at the
Akl and Aris are known to many Lebanese through "
The team was later selected to co-write and direct "Fasateen," a series broadcast on Yahoo Maktoob. This series was easy for people to identify with, since it follows the lives of three Lebanese women – one single, another divorced and the third married.
Akl and Aris have been feted for their work, winning the Best Foreign Film award at 12th annual
Although they are no longer working together on "
"Cyril directed his film in which I was the main actress and producer," Akl told
Akl and Aris have no intention of resting on their laurels. They are now planning several other film projects.
Most Popular Stories
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Is North Korea's Kim Jong Ill?
- Pending U.S. Home Sales Slid in August
- International Coffee Day Means Free Coffee at Dunkin' Donuts, Krispy Kreme, McDonalds
- Jerry Brown Signs 'Yes Means Yes' Law
- Drunk Driver Rear Ends Jennifer Lopez, Leah Remini's Car
- George Clooney Says 'I Do' For a Second Time
- GoPro Launching Three New Cameras
- Macy's Boosts Holiday Hiring 3.6 Percent